The primary purpose of M&A is not to grow big fast, but for companies to do what they do better. Merger and acquisitions work is deeply ingrained in Cirqa Financial. We have worked on multiple M&A projects serving companies across industries and geographies. We offer clients a disciplined approach to deal-making and we apply our expertise to all elements of the deal value chain, including:
- Acquisition strategy: The question behind every deal should be: “How will buying this asset make my existing business more valuable, and how will I bring value to the asset I am buying?” We help companies build their M&A programs as a vector of growth strategy. We will work with companies to decide where to invest and where to divest in line with corporate strategy, prioritize growth opportunities and develop tailored M&A programs based on a client’s previous experience.
- Acquisition screening: We help clients develop an investment thesis that is aligned with strategy and growth opportunities. We work to enhance deal flow by screening targets based on criteria set in the M&A acquisition strategy process and develop a road map to approach targets.
- Strategic due diligence: We collaborate seamlessly with client teams to help companies make better investment decisions. We generate insights through world-class diligence to prove or disprove the deal thesis, realistically assess synergies and chart the course of integration early. Experience matters.
- Merger integration: To make a deal pay off, you have to nail a short list of critical actions. But merging two companies also requires rigorous follow-through on a long list of integration tasks. Doing both is hard. Cirqa Financial is the best positioned consultancy to help companies strike that balance. We bring a unique approach that is highly tailored to the specifics of a deal to capture value from day one. Drawing on our accumulated experience, we also bring time-tested process management skills to assure the to-do list gets completed. Cirqa Financial – supported integrations have generated 20% higher shareholder returns.
- Joint Ventures and Alliances: Cirqa Financial assists clients throughout the joint venture process: strategy development, partner selection and operating implementation. We have found that alliances go wrong most frequently due to neglect of the first stage – strategy development. Therefore, we focus disproportionately on ensuring that deals are structured correctly from the outset, with a very clear, shared vision and a solid understanding of mutual economics.
- Divestitures: To maximize a business’s exit value, divestiture programs must be carefully orchestrated. We help companies maximize exit value in all phases: evaluating value-enhancing divestiture options as part of corporate strategy and preparing businesses for sale, which includes building the exit story and providing transaction support during the sale process.